Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Yuli

Made it to Yuli! Just under 6 hours on the train with a transfer in Hualien. Now sitting in the cafe/bar attached to where we'll be staying tonight, playing cards, waiting for the host to come back from the post office. I reeeaaally like it here...definitely the most rustic place I think I've been in, short of the slums in Istanbul. Add friendly cats, a 4-seater bar and a table made from glass laid over a bathtub on a concrete patio open up to trees, birds and clouds. The buildings are allow worn wood, as are the tables and chairs where we sit. It's pretty raw, but somehow it feels soooo cozy. Love it, so far.

Tomorrow is Walami Trail (Google it!). I just want monkeys and a freaky suspension bridge. The guys want to hike 24 miles, half of that straight up a mountain. Will report back if we make it the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment